The constant heat and humidity of the summer can leave your skin dehydrated, cracked, and stressed. Luckily, the food we eat and how we treat ourselves can prevent or even reverse these effects. Your body needs the right nutrients to fight off damage, and your skin is no different. Here are some tips and tricks to rejuvenating your skin!
- NUTRITION: Drink plenty of water every day – the recommended amount is eight glasses a day. Eat foods rich with antioxidants like blueberries, cranberries, and pecans. Eat a diet filled with colorful vegetables like peppers, spinach, and beets. A diet rich in vitamin C leads to fewer wrinkles. Researchers have found that skin exposed to vitamin C for long periods of time can produce up to eight times more collagen!
- EVERYDAY TIPS: Limit your sun exposure. While small amounts of daily sun can be beneficial, too much sun can damage your skin. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen and polarized sunglasses. Opt for natural skin products that don’t contain harsh chemicals. Engage in activities that relieve stress as high levels of stress will compromise your skin. Make sure that you not only sleep for eight hours a night, but that it is quality sleep.
- MICRODERMABRASION: Microdermabrasion is a minimally invasive spa procedure that rejuvenates the appearance of the skin by treating sun damage, scarring, wrinkles and other unwanted skin problems. This procedure uses a gentle stream of tiny particles to exfoliate the outer layer of skin, leaving fresh, younger-looking skin and a renewed appearance.
If you are interested in learning more about ways to rejuvenate your skin, or would like to schedule an appointment, please call us today: 631-751-4400.
When you smile, laugh, or frown you contract the muscles of your face. Over time, these contractions produce permanent deep wrinkles in the skin. Many see such wrinkles around the eyes and mouth, between the eyebrows, and on the forehead. These lines can make you look older, sad, angry or tired. Soft tissue fillers like BOTOX® can prevent you from deepening these lines during natural facial movements. They can also erase such marks of aging, leaving you looking younger and refreshed.
WHAT IT IS: Botox is a highly purified protein injected into the skin to relax the muscles that cause some kinds of wrinkles. Botox injections are relatively painless, as the needle used is significantly smaller than those used for other injectable fillers.
USES: Botox is primarily used to reduce lines and wrinkles on the face and neck. The procedure only takes a few minutes and requires no anesthetic. Wrinkles begin to fade within 24 hours, with continued improvement over the next five days.
CANDIDATES: The best candidates for Botox are men and women seeking an enhanced appearance with fewer wrinkles. In addition, it is important that those seeking treatment are in good physical health, are not pregnant or nursing and do not have a neuromuscular disorder. People seeking Botox injections should have realistic expectations regarding this procedure’s abilities and should discuss their desired goals with their doctor beforehand.
If you are interested in learning more about Botox, or any other soft tissue filler we offer please call us today: 631-751-4400.
HOW IT WORKS: Ultherapy® is a nonsurgical treatment that may effectively lift and tighten the tissues in the face and neck using ultrasound energy. This advanced procedure targets the deep layers of tissue normally adjusted during a facelift or neck lift, heating them with the system’s sound waves and stimulating the production of collagen to achieve a slimmer, more youthful appearance. It can be used to treat sagging skin on the cheeks and neck while leaving the surface of the skin intact.
CANDIDATES: Many patients who choose this procedure wish to correct early signs of aging or to postpone the need for surgery.
EXPECTED RESULTS: The Ultherapy procedure takes just 30 to 60 minutes to perform in the doctor’s office, and involves no downtime, minimal side effects and gradual, natural-looking results. Patients will be able to return to work and their regular activities immediately after treatment, although the skin may appear slightly flushed for about an hour. Initial results are visible immediately after the Ultherapy treatment, but true lifting occurs over the next two to three months, as worn collagen is replaced with the stronger collagen produced from this procedure.
Facial cosmetic surgery can give your face a more youthful look or improve the shape of features such as the nose, chin or ears. At Suffolk Plastic Surgeons, PC, our board certified doctors can help you in choosing a facial rejuvenation procedure that will enhance your confidence and give you a naturally beautiful appearance that is true to who you are. For more information about Ultherapy, other facial cosmetic procedures, or to schedule an appointment, please give us a call: 631-751-4400.
Beach season is right around the corner, and that means it’s also bikini season! We know many dread this season because of lack of body confidence. Life happenings can definitely take a toll on our bodies. Pregnancy, weight loss, and even just age affect your body physically and your mind mentally. We want to help you get that bikini bod confidence again! Here are four life-changing procedures to help you restore your youthful beach body:
- Tummy Tuck. Abdominoplasty, often called a “tummy tuck,” is a popular procedure used to flatten and shape the abdomen by removing excess fat and skin and tightening muscles. The best candidates for a tummy tuck are in good physical condition with pockets of fat or loose skin that haven’t responded well to traditional diet and exercise. This procedure can also benefit older, slightly obese people whose skin has lost some of its elasticity. Tummy tucks can also be useful for women with stretched skin and muscles from pregnancy.
- CoolSculpting. CoolSculpting® is the first and only nonsurgical procedure to selectively reduce fat layers in problem areas that include muffin tops, love handles and back fat. CoolSculpting® uses patented cooling technology to eliminate fat without surgery. It is designed to selectively reduce the fat in problem areas that has proven resistant to reduction through diet and exercise.
- Body Lift. A body lift, also known as a belt lipectomy, is performed to remove excess skin or fatty tissue on the body that results from age or extreme weight loss. More extensive than just a tummy tuck, the body lift is performed on the lower torso and upper legs and resculpts the abdomen, hips, back, buttocks and outer thighs. People who have lost a large amount of weight, either through gastric bypass surgery or intestinal bypass surgery, or change in nutrition and fitness habits, may have excess skin on their bodies and are excellent candidates for a body lift.
- Liposuction. Liposuction is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure used to remove localized areas of fat from the body through a small thin tube called a cannula. The fat from the targeted area is suctioned from the body through this tube to help patients achieve a slim and balanced appearance. The ideal candidate for liposuction is someone who is in good overall health and maintains a healthy lifestyle, but has one or more problem areas with unresponsive fat deposits.
If you would like more information on the procedures above, or would like to hear about other available options, give us a call: 631-751-4400.